Covid-19: Safeguarding our customers & staff
We understand the trust you place in EBISS when we collect and deliver for you to and from a residence, place of business or an event or exhibition. That’s why we want to share an update on the actions we are taking to keep you, your customers and our team safe amidst the COVID-19 outbreak.
Safety above all is something we take seriously at EBISS. We are listening to the guidance from both the Government and World Health Organisation (WHO) as we strive to protect customers and our team members whilst maintaining our usual high level of service.
Taking steps to ensure safety: As the world adjusts to the impact of COVID-19 first and foremost we are being guided by the recommendations of the government, WHO and industry leaders. We are applying the latest recommendations within both EBISS Ltd and EBISS Inc operations. i.e. UK & US offices, and we are reassured that our worldwide partners are doing the same within their countries.
Actions we have already taken include:
- Bolstering Business Continuity planning to ensure operations continue with minimal disruption and stress testing these plans to ensure that there are no areas of weakness.
- Educating team members about the virus and sharing information on keeping the workplace safe.
- Sanitising vehicles, lifting & delivery equipment regularly with wipes and appropriate anti-bacterial chemicals
- Instituting alternative measures to confirm deliveries and collections to ensure minimum contact.
- Encouraging all team members to closely monitor their health and seek medical guidance if they develop relevant symptoms.
- Communal areas within EBISS operations e.g. warehouse loading bays, welfare areas etc will be cleaned a minimum of twice daily (also occurs after a visitor attends) with disinfectant wipes and cleaner. This includes door handles, printers, pallet trucks, bathrooms etc.
It is the magnitude of the ‘event’ that dictates the degree of implementation regarding our business continuity planning. For COVID 19 we have activated remote working for those that can and segregated work/welfare facilities for those that can’t, alongside additional control measures. We will look to move to post ‘event’ recovery planning at the appropriate time.
What this means for you as a valued customer:
Essentially business as normal. We will continue to support clients with all their needs, be that shipments, storage or anything in-between.
Our operational team of freight forwarders and logistics professionals will be working remotely but
networked and will be able to facilitate your requests as normal. We will have a skeleton warehousing team onsite to manage order preparations etc. but please do bear in mind that same day requests may take marginally longer to action as we manage vehicles committed to existing jobs.
We are operating within impacted areas as local conditions and restrictions allow and we are adhering to all regulations and guidelines from government authorities related to containment of the virus. These work and travel restrictions may affect shipments to and from impacted areas, as well as shipments moving within those areas. We have adjusted delivery commitments for impacted areas and will strive to still meet your needs at the best cost available in these unprecedented times.
And, as ever, if you need our help with anything, we are just a phone call or email away.
Best wishes to all